To ensure excellent comfort and prolong the life of your GP lenses it is recommended to remove proteins with Menicon Progent weekly, in combination with MeniCare Plus Solution.
Progent strong cleaning efficacy
Microscopic view of the effect of Menicon’s Progent on protein removal from the surface of a GP contact lens.
- Menicon Progent is a solution particularly recommended for cleaning and removing proteins from the surface of the lens by simply soaking them in the mixture for only 30 minutes.
- Strong and rapid disinfection* in 5 minutes against all the organisms likely to contaminate lenses, including bacteria, moulds, yeasts, viruses and Ancanthamoeba trophozoites and cysts.
- Menicon Progent 7 treatments (7 doses of each Progent A & B)
How to use:
- Open Progent A and B containers by gently twisting the top of the containers and carefully fill the vial with Progent A and B.
- Place the lenses in the lens holders on the vial’s cap and close the vial cap securely.
- Gently shake the vial a few times. and soak the lenses in Progent for 30 minutes maximum.
- Open the vial, and thoroughly rinse the lenses with MeniCare Plus.
- After rinsing the lenses with MeniCare Plus, you can wear the lenses or store them in a lens case with MeniCare Plus.
- After lenses have been removed from the vial holders, discard Progent mixture into the sink, rinse the vial thoroughly with MeniCare Plus, and allow the vial to air dry.
* cf disinfecting tests:
Antiviral efficacy (Medical University Nancy MDT, reference: CEN / TC216 / N 98, AFNOR NFT 72 – 180)
Antibacterial and antifungal activity (MENICON PHARMA ref: ISO / CD 14729 stand alone test).
Anti-acanthamoeba activity (Bacteriology Institute, Strasbourg Medical University ; Menicon Co., Ltd. / Microbiology and Immunology Department, University of Leicester UK).